Friday, February 8, 2008

Une bonne fin de semaine! (Bon week-end!)




C'est Vendredi! I can't believe the first week is already at an end...I'm afraid the next three will go by too quickly. The words and verbs are starting to stick, though I know I have many kilometers to go...

This evening there will be a soiree at l'Institut for all the students, professeurs and staff. There will be a buffet dinner, sangria and dancing! Best of all, we'll all be allowed to parle anglais. It will be wonderful to have conversations with all the new friends I've made that consist of more than a handful of the same words and verbs!

I've posted photos of my class (unfortunately, Matthew from Australia and Aude, le professeur, are missing, but I'll include them in another post).

In the first photo, left to right: Yuko (Japanese, living in Guernsey); Karin (Danish, living in NY); and Hugh (American, living in France). In the second phot0, left to right: Diane (England); Michael (San Francisco); Elizabeth (Australia) and Vibike (Denmark). The last photo is moi, mais oui, and Marie (Portland, Oregon).

Hugh and his wife own a bit of paradise in Provence. Here's the link to "Mas du four". http://www.rsvpprovence.com/index.htm

I must get ready for the soiree... Bon week-end!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Je ne peux pas croire que vous êtes réellement en France ! Elle est ainsi en excitant pour lire votre journal quotidien - il m'incite à réaliser quelle quantité de toi enfante les vies dessus par tout le toi - ennuyez-vous de toi et ayez l'amusement.

Amour Annabel
PS: I hope my translations don't have too many misuse of words in it.

Jennifer said...

Laura! Great job with your blog, I am so enjoying reading about your experiences in Villefranche. What an adventure!

Anonymous said...

you need to add to your blog your slacking honey, get with the program we want to see something new now update it quick.lol
kath and tortallini

Stuart said...

Your mom is on your shoulder throughout your visit.
I hope Kevin enjoys it as well
Stuart