Wednesday, February 6, 2008

L'Escalier (The Stairs)








Day 3:
My head is going to split open, and I'm going to find that my mind has gone missing. It is in the possession of my French teachers at l'Institut de Francais. Now I know what total immersion really means. It's total mind control. J'ai mal a la tête (I have a headache)!
The program intensifies daily. Each day when I leave for school, I have a last look in the mirror and say, "Bon courage, Madame Usher!" And off I go, like Marie Antoinette to la guillotine! Le professeur promises us a soirée this Friday evening, and, mon dieu, we will be permitted to speak in our native languages!
I took some photos on the walk home from school this evening...The late afternoon light was so beautiful. Perhaps you can really appreciate my stairmaster references now that you see the pictures of my walk to and from l'Institut each day! The food photo is nothing more. I unpacked my groceries and put them on the counter. They looked so colorful and appealing I felt compelled to take a photo! Fagots de haricot verts pour vous, Nannette (et le vin, naturellement!)
Time to do my homework...a demain!

2 comments:

nannette said...

La,
Please don't lose your mind. At least not in France. We will never find it. Although it would give us an excuse to go back to look for it.
You are probably looking forward to the weekend and so R&R.
We are hoping for a conference call on Sat.
Study hard.

Anonymous said...

You may leave your mind in France but imagine the great shape your body will be in after those stairs!
You'll have to teach us French when you return so that you can keep in practice.
Have a good time at your soiree on Fri.Hope you can tell us all about it on Sat.